By clicking the 'Add to cart' button on one of the causes, 100% of the profits from your purchase will be donated to one of two causes that are very close to my heart:
- FAST (Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics Foundation)
- Swiss to cure DIPG (Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma)
Angelman Syndrome (AS) is a rare neurogenetic disorder that affects approximately one in 15,000 children – approximately 500,000 people worldwide. AS is an important neurodevelopmental disorder. It is characterised by severe developmental delay with significant intellectual disability, absence of oral language, motor, balance and sensory disorders.
FAST was founded in 2008 in the United States with an urgent mission: to cure AS . Today, present in Australia, Great Britain, Canada, Italy, France, Spain, Argentina, Colombia, Chile, FAST is the largest non-governmental association dedicated to research on the AS. FAST has defined a research program on bringing together a multidisciplinary team of more than twenty scientists from the best universities and pharmaceutical companies to unite to find a treatment for AS.
SWISS to cure DIPG is a foundation with a main goal to serve children and families, diagnosed with the deadliest cancer among children and adolescents, as well as the wider dedicated medical community. The founders started funding the DIPG Center in Zurich to:
- Expend and speed-up research and treatments for this devastating cancer; offer personalized precision medicine;
- Give all children access to top-experts and top clinical-trials;
- Raise awareness & support where governments and industry do not see profits, are too slow or just ignore the need.